Our Wild Goose Chase

Follow us along as we journey to Ethiopia and beyond...On our way to bring home the newest member of the Remick Family.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

How I spend my spare time...



I love youtube! I plug in "gotcha day" in search and then I'm completely engrossed for a while. (I won't tell you just how time I spend watching these:) ) My heart fills with hope when I see these videos. There are 143 million orphans in the world and 4.8+ million in Ethiopia alone. As I watch these videos I see Psalm 68:5-6a coming to life.
"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." You might be wondering "where is God's holy dwelling?" If you need to go back and watch the video again to see what I'm going to say next, please do. I think we miss this point in our everyday life so often. God dwells in us...in our hearts. He is what compels us to do the things we never thought we could. It's he who makes us holy. Not by anything special we did or by any special bloodline we might think we have. When we ask Christ to make his home in our hearts and allow his Spirit to move us as he pleases then amazing things are sure to happen. As you watch the video, pay close attention to the faces of the parents in that video and the love the siblings have for their new family members, you are witnessing God being a father to the fatherless, a defender of the weak. "The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:17-18

On a related note...We have decided on our agency yesterday. ( Thank you, my new friend, Julie! You were so helpful as well as fun to talk to...and by the way...you're family is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how God works! I believe that our meeting was totally meant to happen.) Next in the process... we're going to be buried in paperwork so if you don't see me over the next several days, weeks, etc...you'll know why. I learned that our wait for our little one(s) will be about 9-12 months so of course I'm going to dive in and get this paperwork finished sooner rather than later. I'm not the most patient person on the planet so I might be a little edgy as the months drag on. I'm just sayin,.. I may need some extra portions of grace:) As we move forward in the process, I'll give you all updates.

Have a fantastic day!

Cris

No comments: